Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Renewable energy is national security

During my time in Israel so far, throughout conversations with various Israelis I have heard the same thing: Israel doesn't have the luxury of worrying about renewable energy when they have so many pressing national security issues.

I think this wrong and short sighted. Removing Israel's dependence on fossil fuels can only strengthening Israel - both in terms of security and economically. Of course, it's also valuable environmentally, but at this point don't think it should be stressed as a primary motivation for taking action.

Over time, I hope to explore the far-reaching national security and environmental repercussions of Israel's dependence on fossil fuels (oil, gas, and coal), some obvious and some less obvious, as well as how they affect Israel's relationship with other countries.

You can read my first such post published over at the Times of Israel.







No comments:

Post a Comment